Producteev is something I actually found after I’d written this post, through total happenstance. Or, more accurately, I re-found it. Last time I had poked around Producteev was quite a while ago, and I seem to remember finding the interface bewildering and also being really confused as to why they had a beaver mascot. Things have changed since then, though! Watch the review or read the notes below to see my thoughts.
- Recurring tasks. It’s very easy to set up recurring tasks and in my experience so far, they work flawlessly.
- Really nice quick-add with smart deadlines. Yup. A quick-add feature that is actually quick and saves more time than it wastes. I can pop into the window with Producteev, type “Write email to x about y tomorrow” and it will automatically create a task “Write email to x about y” and assign it to be done tomorrow. AWESOME. I believe you can also tag people just as easily, which would be great if you’re working with a team. Also? The smart deadlines work just as well in the iPhone app. Score.
- Drag & drop calendar/week interface. Hallelujah! This is easily my very most favorite thing about Producteev. It alone makes Producteev a finalist for me.
- Overall intuitive interface. Drag & drop functionality, ability to switch between workspaces or view the overall view, and so on.
Things I dislike:
- I wish the aesthetics were a little better. This might be just nitpicky because overall it is pretty well designed. I just can’t put my finger on it, but something about the interface seems a little blase to me.
- I want color coding! Which is no shock if you’ve been following along so far.
Other than that, it’s GREAT & very well might become my task/project management app of choice.
This is for you if:
- You don’t require color coding.
- You want a drag & drop calendar and/or week view. Especially since Producteev is the only tool I’ve actually found so far with that feature. (Why don’t more tools have it?!)
- You need seamless mobile app/online integration.
- You really need quick-add that’s actually a quick add.
- You want to manage a team easily. Producteev is great for solopreneurs, but I think it’s also one of the very few project management tools I’ve looked at that would be easily scalable – I could see someone using it for just themselves & then as the business grows, using it for their small team as well with very little learning curve.
Any questions? Anything else you want to see reviewed? Let me know in the comments!