About me + my biz
The short & sweet version:
My name is Michelle. I make systems/productivity/organization/all that incredibly boring sounding stuff incredibly NOT boring so that you + your biz can reap the rewards. Without wanting to stick a dull spoon in your eye. I’m an expert at finding out how + why something works (and then putting that knowledge to usually-good use), being grade-A curious, & getting things Done with a capital-D.
I work with with creatives who have an established business, who tend to get stuck going from innovation into action + overwhelmed with all the details and who want to work better. If you’re working with me, you can expect sass + laughter, fun surprises, and lots of action.
The bullet point version:
- worked with six figure business owners behind the scenes and helped them take their business to a new level without stressing out about it
- consulted for a startup that works with the Rockefeller Foundation
- taught classes and workshops that helped creative entrepreneurs get more done with less stress
- helped organize multi-six-figure launches
- been interviewed and featured by other entrepreneurs & guest written for several popular + awesome sites
- spoke at biz conferences + events
You may have seen me in, on, or around at:
I also have…
- an Amazon author page! Check it, yo. Along with a book that hit #1 in Systems & Planning and #2 in Entrepreneurship in the Kindle store.
- a Youtube channel where I review project and task management tools, which averages 5,500+ views/month
- seven eight eleven tattoos (and counting…obviously)
- a Shiba Inu! LOOK HOW CUTE.
Wanna see me in action?
(video via Cuya Productions)
The long version:
I could tell you a lot of stories.
Like the time when I was 15 or 16, and within 3-4 months of self-teaching myself how to crochet, I had decided to crochet a sweater. For those of you who are not crafters, this is something that you are supposed to knit. Because That’s How It’s Done and crochet is Just Not Suited for garments. But I didn’t want to learn how to knit & I already knew how to crochet, so I was going to find a way, dammit. And I did. I made it totally freestyle, without any kind of a pattern. Result? Gorgeous*.
(Moral: I intuitively just get how things work & how best to use that for the task at hand.)
Or I can tell you about the time in 2nd grade, when, after a hard-won battle to read a certain book from the library**, I got sent home with a note saying that I needed to stop teaching the other children “witchcraft symbols” on the playground.
(Moral: I’ve always been a bit of an instigator. Also, I like to share knowledge. What can I say?)
Or I can tell you about how I thought gay marriage was already legal until I was 12 or so and it came up in a debate class. (Oh, childhood naivete, you’re so sweet.) Unsurprisingly, I grew up with a deep, deep sense of right & wrong, seeing injustice, fear, and intolerance all around me, desperately wanting to improve the world. Leave it better off after my life’s work.
Something tells me you want that, too.
And now…we have the tools to do so, literally at our fingertips (you’re sitting at a computer, aren’t you?) – this is something that has never happened before IN HISTORY. (Which is pretty effin’ awesome, amirite?!)
We can do great things, create masterpieces, and share them with the world. So let’s do it.
**Who knows why that book was even in the elementary school library in bible-belt Missouri. Go figure. And no, I have no idea what book it was.
I believe that…
- “organized” and “creative” are not opposites, and can in fact exist in utter harmony
- you don’t need permission to do your great work
- aesthetics are wildly important (especially in your workspace!) and criminally undervalued
And? That life is too short to be stressed out about your business or do shitty work.
If you agree with all of this, sign up for the free dispatch so that you can stay in the loop, get access to awesome bonuses, get VIP discounts & notifications, and get the free Systems 101 e-course:
Questions? Comments? Speaking gigs? Book deals? Send ‘ em my way!